Friday, July 15, 2016

Week 07/10-07/15

What a week! On monday, I got ready for the conferance, on Tuesday, I gave the presentation at the conferance. On wednesday, i started to co-oridnate with Jon Pan about regenerative braking systems. On Thursday and friday, I started preliminary research on linear motors as well as assisting the French with their PowerPoint. It seems that we will be doing research to see if linear motors are pragmatic for the Spartan Superway. Linear motors are like unfolded AC motors, in which a rotor will move in a linear motion alongside a stator. So far, my research reports that such systems are Linear motors reduce the overall weight of the bogie, allow for tighter radial stearing, are much more quiet, and work much better with Regenerative braking systems. Currently, the future looks bright, and I am excited to see what happens!


An example of a linear motor

No comments:

Post a Comment